The original Pelham Hall was built in 1923 as the meeting room for the village of Penallt. The Hall was named after the Hon. Arthur Lowther Pelham who was a local worthy of the period. Pelham lived in Moorcroft House from 1883 until 1929 and, amongst many other things, restored the Penallt cricket ground.
It was completely rebuilt on an altogether grander scale and then re-opened in September 1993.