Weather data recording started in Penallt in March 2011. The charts below show the monthly summaries from January 2019 until the end of December 2019 and also compare Penallt’s 2019 weather with the 1981-2010 overall average data for Usk, the nearest place (16 km by crow) for which reliable data exist. Monthly maximum and minimum temperatures The chart shows that Penallt monthly averages mirrored the long term averages for Usk pretty well overall, with February and July being warmer than usual, and January, October and November being cooler.
- July 23rd was the warmest day of the year with a maximum of 31.7°C
- January 31st had the lowest maximum temperature of 1.3°C; there were no days with sub zero all day.
- Warmest by night was July 24th with a minimum of 17.5°C
- Coldest by night was January 31st, with a minimum temperature of -3.3°C
- There were 73 days on which the temperature exceeded 20°C and 22 when it was below 0°C
- The mean annual temperature was 10.5°C, 0.2°C below the 2014 and 2018 record warm years.
Further details Much more information about month by month descriptions of weather in this year as well as the detailed daily data is available here.